As a species do we struggle between humans with societal traits versus traits of a hunter or warrior? ADD is said by some to be a primal trait that makes intake of sensory information able to perceive sensory information quicker and with deeper engagement. Charisma, however, doesn't help a hunter, even good looking ones. It does allow a societal trait of dealing with others, even if not being altogether different in intellect, wisdom or decision making wisdom. It allows someone to be a leader of others.
Why is this a thought right now? I wonder if certain people will follow into war the leaders who are not of higher intelligence, but lead with either charisma or a gift to lie with efficiency. It is a dangerous time when mistakes might lead to a confrontation. Confrontations that occur with weapons fought with many levels higher of intellect to build and levels higher of consequence than the leader can perceive. I have issues found in the present, this is true. It seems clear that the decay of morality and empathy will debase the firm stance of world peace, and lead to global war. If we acknowledge there is a likelihood that we are violent as a common trait of humans, this isn't a new phenomenon.
I'm an old man compared to most of the people I engage. For me the consequences of a nuclear exchange or drawn out conflict, aren't as fear inducing to me. But I do fear, for the young, the hopeful, the true living breath of culture. I fear for my son, and everyone who has life to pursue, families to build, hopes to build and children to raise, war, of any nature is a possible species killer. However, I don't suggest any US political party is more responsible for the disaster. I vote 3rd party, but if you demand that I vote for one of the two major parties, I won't be doing that.
In time we learn wisdom, but the more life is difficult, I question the frequency of people overcoming their more base instincts. And if you believe we are all good and kind, then why do nations have to have a military? Libertarians often argued against the need for "nation states" and that government taxes are in essence stealing your money, since you have no way to say no to taxes. I am many things, but likely not a libertarian. In most areas I'd say if society over regulates your existence, that is a nanny state. If it under regulates your society, you are likely to be giving up safety in exchange for freedom. I prefer freedom, and I still want safety. Who knows what I am trying to say?
I have hope. But hope isn't enough. I vote for change, but change from what to what? Change itself isn't enough.
Any outside media is copyright the owner and is used as fair use only. All rights reserved owners of said copyright.
MY POETRY AlexNessPoetry.Blogspot.Com
HERE: Poplitiko.Blogspot.Com
MY PUBLISHED WORKS
Social Media
https://bsky.app/profile/alexanderness63.bsky.social
https://x.com/alexnesspoetry
